Friday, August 07, 2009

Finally Posting from Home

We've been home for almost two weeks and I haven't posted at all. This has been partly a function of lots of things to do, and has partly been procrastination on my part. I haven't been writing enough, reading enough, working on my pictures, doing research, or any of the worthwhile things I should be doing. Paperwork is piling up all over. Blogging has taken a backseat to gaming. Even cycling has not regained the prominence it should have.

Now I have a wonderful new computer and my networking problems are solved. I have the new printer hooked up to the network and I have actually used it. Unfortunately Peter still can't get it to work with his computer but he can print with the other one. I did spend a lot of time today on the phone with Apple support to make Airport Express work and to solve the mysterious password problem when I tried to add printers to my new laptop but all of that is behind me now. I just hope that I can add pictures to my blog posts from the trip. When I tried that last week, I wasn't able to do it. I haven't tried since last weekend.

Since we came home we have seen the rebroadcasts of "The Barber of Seville" and "The Magic Flute" and I have seen "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." I have also cycled about a 100 miles. There are boxes all over the living room as well as a pile of papers and magazines that need to be sorted. My e-mail box is starting to empty out but is still not completely under control. And I have a lot of projects that are not getting done.

So enough with the whining. I hope my next post will be more about progress and less about procrastination. The good thing is that I have been seeing lots of friends and I expect to continue to do that next week. And that has been the best part of the time since I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment