Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Sunday

Well, the weather may not be fantastic although the sun is shining on the snow and ice, but I am planning to enjoy the day. I have read the News-Gazette while drinking coffee and eating toast made from homemade bread and now I have the New York Times and a Jazz apple to look forward to. I should also turn on the radio and listen to Baroque music. Ok, did that.

Roger Cooper retired Friday and even though I didn't always like his music choices, it is the end of an era. I have been listening to him from the mid-1970s onward. He plans to finally finish his doctorate. It doesn't get you anywhere at this stage, but being done has its own satisfaction. I know that from my own experience.

Last night we saw "Cosi Fan Tutti." It was fun although a late evening for me.

I now have a bunch of games for the Nintendo DS Lite. I just need to play around with the system.

Today we are going to see Persepolis and I need to put something together on Clements Markham.

Fitfully I have been following the Tour of California. I would guess that Levi Leipheimer will successfully defend. This is a strange cycling year for me with two teams to support--Astana and Slipstream-- and my favorite rider, George Hincapie, on Team High Road.

Time to read the Times, eat my apple, and drink a big glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment