Monday, January 19, 2009

Today Was Yarn Day

This morning I bought yarn for the first time in a long time. I still want to do another version of the scarf that is longer and wider. So I now have some new sock yarn for that project.

I also want it lacier, so I am going to try a larger needle. While I was there I picked up Hyphen Boy's new side-to-side sock yarn sweater pattern. We have been waiting for quite a while for Matthew to finally get this one published. Perhaps when I finish this new scarf/shawl and the one using the Harry Potter Opal sock yarn, I can get started on the sweater. Not that I find that much time for knitting. My brother's socks are still languishing in a not very finished form. Of course, knitting socks in a solid color is a bit boring. I guess I need to watch more movies or tv rather than reading or playing with the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment