Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ways to Waste the Day

Today is nothing like I envisioned. I thought I would get a lot of work done as well as see friends I haven't seen in a while. Instead I have been playing around with Facebook and EMusic. The only predictable thing was reading The New York Times.

Ann called a little before 8 to tell me that both she and Phyllis were sick. So I meanly made Peter get up so we could go to the Original Pancake House. Then I took a bunch of stuff for my sinus headache and read the paper. The rest of the day has been messing around with the computer and eating potato chips. Not good in any way. Fortunately I can try again tomorrow to get all the NEH Institute stuff tied up and do some reading.


I also want to try a couple of yarns to see if I can really make a better version of the scarf. I like this one, but it isn't exactly the original intent, partly because I didn't have enough yarn to make it longer and slightly wider, and the needles were too small to make it as drapey as I would have liked.

Figaro had been sitting with me, but he has now run off to eat, since Peter has agreed to feed them.

I watched the kick-off for the Tour Down Under on Versus. Robbie McEwen took the sprint finish even though Team Columbia looked strong. It is too bad that there will only be a half hour of coverage for each stage but I guess that is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment