Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crash and Burn

Last night I only got a couple of hours of sleep. Going to the gym gave me some energy, although less sleep. But my left shoulder is bothering me. Lori tried to have me do things that wouldn't aggravate it but you can't always tell at the time.

Now I am really starting to feel the sleep deprivation. Tonight I am going to a session on functional cycling. I just hope I can stay awake. I'm watching the Tour of California because I don't have the energy to do anything else. I should be multitasking, but the blogging is the only other thing I can do. The race news is that several riders including Kim Kirchen and Oscar Freire were injured in crashed today. Lance Armstrong's time trial bike was found.

My new Bialetta Brikka arrived today. I have now done a first batch. You have to make coffee three times before it is drinkable. In any case it seemed to work ok. It made the crema. There isn't too much coffee in one batch by American standards. But I expected that. I'm just looking forward to trying the first drinkable cup.

I had lunch with Beth at Farrens and we ended up talking about migraines and Facebook. Facebook is the hot topic these days. A few weeks ago I would never have expected to do anything with it.

After the race I will do the saline rinse again. I can't stay up all night not breathing well again. The sprinters are starting to mass, so it looks as if the breakaway is definitely not going to survive. The peleton is in full cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment