Saturday, March 07, 2009

Still Can't Go to Sleep

I thought I would be in bed by now. I seem to stay up later and later. I'm not sure why but I do know that the results of the sleep test really upset me. Having a doctor tell you that your oxygen level goes so low in REM sleep that you could go to sleep and never wake up is not welcome news. I know that using a CPAP machine will make all the difference but I am not sure how long it will take for all the paperwork to be processed.

In the meantime I am on larger doses of some medications and have started taking some new ones. I am also on some supplements besides the huge doses of vitamin D for the deficiency. If I hoped that I would start taking fewer pills, that wasn't about to happen.

The nice thing today was that I got in my first bike ride of the year. It was really windy and I almost wiped out a couple of times because the wind just blew the bike around. Still, we did about 18 1/2 miles, which was good. I think we might have done more if it had been less windy. It was overcast but we didn't have any rain and it was pretty mild. So all and all a good ride. There were seven in our group; not bad for so early in the season. I have some great pictures up on my Facebook account taken by Sue and Cynthia.



This afternoon we went to see "Entre les murs." It is about a multirace French school in Paris. I had no idea what French schools were like, but I thought they would be much more formal and strict than American schools and that was certainly not the case here. The students definitely challenged the teachers and each other. It was very interesting.

I will be answering phones for the WILL pledge drive for the next three nights, so I should keep busy. Last night was the Prairie Ensemble fundraiser so we are definitely in that mode at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment