Friday, May 15, 2009

Come Ride with Me and You'll Feel Great

I didn't start riding until I was almost 55 years old. But one of the guys I ride with started at 65 and he's 78 now. Bike riding is a great way to have a good time and make friends of all kinds and all ages.


The best way to beat stress is to get together with my friends and go for a ride. Depending on whether I am riding with faster riders or slower riders I might go out on my hybrid Trek 7100 or on Gattamelata, my Trek Pilot 5.2 carbon fiber bike. Either way, riding out in the flat central Illinois countryside with a group of fellow enthusiasts, maybe stopping for some pancakes or coffee while we are out, and just generally enjoying the ride and the fellowship, is a great way to beat the stress of everyday life and relax. By the way, I'm the one in the green jacket on the right. It was a cold day!

No comments:

Post a Comment