Friday, June 12, 2009

Cold and Fizzy Aranciata on Tap, Please

While you could pipe in lots of things--good coffee, fine wine, endless Renaissance music, I would be happy with an Italian soft drink.


aranciata-sanpellegrino-500-ml0000

What is orangey, slighty fizzy, sweet and sour at the same time, very Italian, and utterly delizioso? Aranciata, that's what. You can get it in little bottles or in little cans, although I prefer the cans. It has 18 percent orange juice and just enough carbonation to be refreshing without being overpowering. And it has real sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup, which tastes better, at least to me. I am not a fan of pop (as we call it in this part of the midwest). But I do like Aranciata, both alone and as a mixer with prosecco and campari as a kind of spritz. If someone could figure out how to pipe it into my house and keep the slight fizz (and lose the calories), I would be very happy. Cin-cin!

No comments:

Post a Comment