Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'About Face by Donna Leon' Would Be the Perfect Book If I Were Called For Jury Duty

Picking the right book for the occasion is an art. And this would be the right book. After all, mysteries are a good choice for jury duty since they are all about the triumph of law (or at least we hope they are).

I am a great fan of Donna Leon's Guido Brunetti mysteries as well as a lover of Venice. This is her latest book. So it would be the perfect choice for me. A new mystery by a favorite author about a city I love. What a combination! And it would be a great way to pass the time since I could pretend I was in Venice, rather than in the Champaign County Courthouse, where I actually was called for jury duty last January. Too bad the book wasn't out then.

1 comment:

  1. Never read anything by her, sounds like I should give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete