Thursday, August 10, 2006

Only 14 more weeks to retirement

We have been under a severe thunderstorm watch all morning although it looks as if the really bad weather is north of us. We did have rain yesterday and probably we will get more today. I just hope it is all over by 6 so that I can go on the bike ride.

I saw the rheumatologist today and she thinks the whole thing is a hamstring issue which may never be completely resolved. I am supposed to work on my stretching and hope that I can take fewer painkillers over time. Evidently I should be happy with a 50% improvement. I guess I might be if that is all I can get.

Another advisor has announced her retirement. I am getting tired of having everyone retire before I do. Peter tells me I now have 14 weeks to go. That does make it seem more manageable.

I just finished reading The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. It came out in 1994 but I just got around to it. It was a moderately humorous spy story. Now I am reading one of Agatha Christie's books as Mary Westmacott. I never read any of her straight fiction. It isn't so different except that there are no murders. She is interested in the psychology of her characters and they are supposedly more biographical. She wrote six of them and I have requested the other five from various libraries.

I have done a bit of knitting, but then I get caught up in reading and cycling. If I end up not going to Indy this weekend for the "Race to Replace," I may be able to spend some time at Needleworks. I could go tonight for Knit Night but I am planning to ride my bike instead. I tell myself that when the weather gets bad I won't be able to go cycling but I can always go and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment