Thursday, August 17, 2006

Running starts tonight

The Beginning Women's Running class starts tonight to get us prepared to run the Women's 5K fitness race in October. I really am not into running, but I enjoyed doing this last year, so I thought I would try it again. I would rather be on the bike, but I also know that cross-training is important.

The Tuesday night ride was good. Scott put another new saddle on the bike and this one seems to better. He also changed my tires to some that are thinner and smoother, so I found that I worked less when I had to ride faster. Danda Beard came out for the ride and I am hoping that she will come for the Saturday ride too. I told her that she didn't need to worry about the speed, especially since we don't have to worry about making it back before dark. It got dark by the time we finished and I was going pretty fast at the end. I wasn't in the first group coming back, but I was in the second group by quite a margin over the third group. Peter had to show me how my back light works. I couldn't find the button to turn it on. I can tell that I am going to want a road bike next year since I really enjoyed just doing the faster ride. Peter had to adjust my seat up an inch, but I think it was because having all the work done on the bike moved the seat post down. I am getting better about starting and stopping. Now I can't wait until Saturday.

I did do cycling class this morning and that is a totally different, but enjoyable challenge. I do like my cycling classes with Amy.

Karen started yesterday and I think that will work out. Now the department is rushing to get the new job approved. This really needs to get going if they are going to have a person in place.

The computer is ordered and on its way from China. The extra RAM memory has arrived and I have the MS Office software. Atlas will provide Dreamweaver so I can keep working on the syllabi. Yesterday I ordered the AT&T wireless service and stuff. I hope Compuserve USA will contact us soon about hooking it all up. I would like to have it all finished by the end of next week. Then I could watch the Vuelta on cycling.tv. Can't do that with dial-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment