Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's Been a While

I haven't written anything in quite a while. But I have been riding a fair amount and I tested out a road bike on Saturday. It was a Trek Pilot 5.0. What I want is the Trek Pilot 5.2 spa wsd (Project One version so I can choose the colors). I will order the bike in January and it should be ready to ride by the time I recover from surgery.

On Sunday Peter and I did the 5K Ambulance Race walk at Crystal Lake Park. We did a respectable 38.49. Then I went on the end-of-season club ride to Homer Lake in the afternoon. On the way out, the pace was really too high for me and I ended up between groups. But I managed. On the way back a group of us stopped at a goat and turkey farm for a while, then we stopped to see donkeys on the way back. The group split when we got to Urbana, some people riding home and a few of us going on to Meadowbrook to get our vehicles. While I was driving home, the skies opened and we had a drenching storm. Fortunately I was in the car. Unfortunately I could barely see and the intersections were flooded.

I just hope that next year, with a lighter bike, I don't have to work so hard to stay with the level two group.

No comments:

Post a Comment