Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Longest Ride

After great weather for the ride yesterday, it is pouring today. In fact, we now have a thunderstorm. I don't know if it will let up later or not. I was too tired to do my cycling class this morning. I might go out tonight if the rain stops since it is the last Tuesday night ride of the season. Supposedly it will clear later but who knows.

The ride in Perrysville was fun but totally exhausting. I had to walk up one hill because I had stopped and couldn't get started again. At least I was with a very supportive group that made sure you didn't get dropped. It is hard to believe that it is hilly on the other side of the state line, but Indiana is much hiller than Illinois. We stopped at Turkey Run for lunch (I had ice cream since I didn't think I could swallow solid food) and at the Moonglo Tavern for hamburgers (fantastic ones) after the ride. Then I came home and collapsed. Couldn't finish reading for class, grading, or anything else. I watched a little tv and was in bed by 8 pm. Unfortunately I didn't sleep that well, even with all the exercise. I may have to ask the doctor to send me to the sleep clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment