Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bored, Bored, Bored ... Maybe Depressed

Valentine's Day is supposed to be happy. So why am I not happy? I got a nice card. Nothing bad has happened. We are going out to the Prairie Ensemble with a boxed dinner, which will be nice. So why I am I unhappy?

If I knew that, I could solve it. I should be grateful that we have a nice life, cute cats, don't have to worry about being laid off, etc. I could spend the day spending money and I did. Not huge sums, you understand. I don't have Cartier and Lexus tastes. I got new software for my Mac, went to Common Ground and bought stuff without having to worry about whether we could afford it, and made an appointment for a bike tune-up and fit. So why so gloomy?

I suppose the gray weather and remnants of last night's brief bit of snow may be lowering. Maybe I yearn for more romance and surprise than I get. But really, these seem pretty shallow.

Other news--my approval for my sleep test came through so in a couple of weeks I will do that and maybe the doctors can figure out some way for me to get more restful sleep. The nasal irrigation (so disgusting) seems to be working and I am breathing better. My new Bialetta Brikka is on the way. I may want to get the Mukka depending on how Dan fares with his. I got free chocolate when I was at the Co-op. So much to be thankful for. I definitely need to cheer up.

I did find some quotes to remind me to be happier:

"Happiness is not ready made. It comes from your own actions." The Dalai Lama

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment